Colonial Village (May 13, 2020)
Back in Colonial Village, we passed Lowell School, where our two sons went to elementary school. Lowell is an independent, diverse, co-educational preschool through 8th grade school. It began as a nursery school in the basement of Cleveland Park Congregational Church on Lowell Street, NW, hence the name. The school moved to its current campus in Colonial Village in the 1999 just prior to our sons joining the school. The school campus operated as a two-year private junior college for women, known as Marjorie Webster Junior College, from 1928 until 1971. Subsequently, it operated as a satellite campus for Gallaudet University until it was acquired by Lowell.
Walking the neighboring streets, we again enjoyed the diverse range of houses.
And particularly liked the well groomed tree in front of this house.